flower pitcher

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seasons are Good


This year we actually got a nice winter in Texas. Many people are complaining about it because they can't be outside as much or they can't drive their cars. I for one am very grateful to have the snow and frigid temperatures. The other night we had 6 inches of powder snow - perfect ski snow if there was a place to ski around here. The kids would hardly play in it because it was so cold but I bounded around and made snow angels like a preschooler. As an almost life long Texan and a life long Southerner I know that a goodly amount of snow in this area is a miracle so I take full advantage. Dallas has lovely springs and falls (minus the foliage I love, but none the less, lovely) and scorching summers so a snowy winter rounds it all out - having 4 SEASONS IS WONDERFUL. I know scientists have concluded that climate change is the reason for all this wintery weather but if Dallas gets more interesting weather because of climate change then I hate to say it but bring it on!

Goethe said "Nothing is harder to bear than a succession of fair days."

Indeed the mind goes numb after months of sunny, 70 degree days. We needed some change and indeed we got it!

This picture is of the kids and I making our own fun one day when it was too cold to play outside. Coziness abounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment